What Is Considered A Personal Injury In Louisiana?
Personal Injury happens when you are the victim in an accident that resulted in any type of emotional, mental, and/or physical injury. A Personal Injury Claim might be filed for any injuries in an accident. Some of the most common accidents that result in personal injury claims are:
- Car Accidents
- Slip and Fall Accidents
- Motorcycle Accidents
- Bicycling Accidents
- Boating Accidents
- Workplace Accidents
- Dog Bites and Attacks
- Trucking Accidents
Have you been involved any of the above or other accidents? It is best to contact an experienced Personal Injury Lawyer as soon after the accident as possible. If you are in or near Mandeville, LA, and have questions about Personal Injury Claims, call (985)200-8466 for a free consultation at Wimberly Law Firm.
What Damages Are Available In Personal Injury Car Accident And Other Accident Claims?
While the at-fault person’s insurance company, under Personal Injury Protection, might settle and give the victim compensation for some medical costs, there are other damages a victim might want to consider, depending on the severity of the accident and extent of the impact on the victim’s life now and going forward. If you have been involved in any kind of accident, it is best to meet with a lawyer before any Personal Injury Settlement to learn your rights and what other damages you might receive with representation. An experienced Personal Injury Attorney has the knowledge to investigate your case in order to calculate all damages you might recover. Some common compensatory damages might include:
- Medical Costs- You might recover medical bills resulting from the immediate accident and for future and ongoing treatment. This is often the result of a Personal Injury Crash.
- Loss of Property- You might be entitled to the loss of your vehicle and other items damage as a result of the accident.
- Loss of Income- You might seek compensation for lost income and wages due to the accident. This might include future income if you are no longer able to perform the same job.
- Pain and Suffering- You might be compensated for discomfort during and after the accident. This can also be calculated to include ongoing pain.
- Emotional Distress- If you have suffered any anxiety, fear, or emotional trauma due to the accident, then you might receive compensation for that also.
- Loss of Consortium- If you have a spouse and your relationship with them has suffered because of the accident, then you might be owed compensation for the accident affecting your family.
If you are located in or around Mandeville, LA, and have fallen victim to any sort of accident find out if you have a Personal Injury Case and what damages you are owed. Contact an Injury Accident Lawyer at Wimberly Law Firm at (985) 200-8466 for a free consultation.
What Are Punitive Damages In A Personal Injury Case?
There are times when the at-fault person might have caused more damage than that of a simple accident. That person’s actions might have been egregious and careless. Punitive damages are meant to be a punishment for the person at fault and to deter them from doing it again in the future. That person is ordered to pay for the personal injury crimes they committed.
If you think your personal injury case might result in punitive damages, it is best to meet with a lawyer from a Personal Injury Law Firm. If you are located in or around Mandeville, LA, call (985) 200-8466 for a free consultation with an experienced and knowledgeable Personal Injury Attorney.
Call For A Free Consultation